October 5, 2013

Wow family, I cannot put into words what I have been feeling the last few days. I will try to do the best I can to share with all of you my testimony and all the things that I want to, but I promise that it will not amount up to what I really am feeling, neither will it explain what I want you to all know, but I will try my very best. I hope that this email will be understandable and that as you read it you can feel how much love I have for the Lord, his work, my family, my mission, the Chilean people and just about everything that has happened to me in the last two years of my life.

First off Mother, you must not worry. I promise that I will be living with you all for a good time. I can´t go so long with out my mother haha. I am so so so sorry to say that the package has not come. I am not sure what has happened because so many packages have gotten here, but yours mother, never comes. I am sorry. I am so glad to once again hear from all of you. I sure do love you all. Mother, thank you so much for that wonderful list of things that you wrote to me. I sure do remember that paper that I put on the side of my closet. I can´t believe that I am on the other side of that. When I put that paper up the mission was a far away thing, and here I am after almost all of it, and I feel every single one of those things with all of my heart. I cannot express the feeling of gratitude I have towards so many, but firstly, the Lord for the opportunities, the experiences and the things that I have learned in the mission. Nothing else could have taught me or given me these experiences. I hope to make my mission a point of reference for all decisions that I make after the mission. Not to live in the past, but to use the past to make the future better. Thank you mother for your kind words. I sat and read them like a little baby (another thing I learned from my mother and the mission - to be a cry baby, haha, not the best thing but whatever). Pops, thank you as well for your words of encouragement, as you reflected on my mission as well as yours and Lacee´s. Your emails throughout two years have always lifted me up as well as to push me to go harder. I have always remembered what you told me when I was working in all my jobs, that I had to work in a way that when I left the boss missed me and missed the way that I worked. I have thought a lot about that in my mission and I hope that the Lord will be pleased with what I have done and that he will miss me as a full time missionary, but I know that he expects just that and more from me as a member missionary after the mission. So there is no rest. I will get right to work. It will not end for me when the mission ends. Oh, I will be with the young men on Sunday. I hope that I can share something with them that will excite them and touch them. Just so you know, you can offer me for any help of any kind. Whether it is in the church, service, work whatever. I am going to work as soon as I get home in whatever I can get my hands on and so offer me for whatever.

Ok, I suppose that I don´t need to tell you all to much because soon I will be able to do so face to face, though with my English how it is you might understand me better when I write haha. I just want you all to know that this last week has been great where I have been able to go work in the streets and invite many people to follow Jesus Christ and be baptized. It was a fun week where we were in the north of the mission doing divisions. I am writing in the middle of the sessions of conference, and so far I am loving it. The first session was amazing. I am so excited for more.

OK, to finish things up I don´t want to ramble too much, but I must try to explain, or at least give you all my testimony of this Gospel as well as for my mission.

There is not one single thing that a young man could possibly do that would be better than to serve a mission. I have never felt happier in my life, I have never learned more in my life, I have never experienced the Gospel in my life more than in the mission, and I know that it will be the same for any young man that comes out and does all he can. I love the Lord. He is our Savior. We as well as others can change. We can become better. The little things that we always mess up on can be changed. We can become like Him. It is possible through his Gospel. There is no quest longer than this, but neither is there one that brings more joy, as we see ourselves and others progress. I know that this is Christ's church because it is perfect. It keeps growing even with missionaries like Elder Brown serving for two years. He is perfect and works through very imperfect people to bring about his work. What a blessing we have to be a part of his church and serve in his work. There is a Prophet that leads the Lords Church. As we listen to him as well as read the scriptures our lives will be guided for good. We will be happy. The church is true. I know it. I have had the great opportunity to testify of it for two years, and I hope that I have many more opportunities to do so. I love this Gospel. I love you all.

I just want to tell you all thanks for all you have done for me to help me be out here. It has changed my life. I am so so so grateful for my mission. I will never forget it. It has been the best thing that I have ever done as well as the most humbling. I Love you all tons.

Love,
Elder Brown

See you soon!!!!!
I will show you all the pics when I get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment