December 19, 2011

Hola Familia,
   So I made it to Chile alright, pretty crazy I know. I can´t believe that Lacee is already home and that she is back into the real life. That is so crazy. So my first zone is Rahue Bajo 2. It is right outside of Osorno. It's pretty awesome. I am just trying to get to know our sector a little better and stuff. We have settled in good though. My companion is Elder Purser. He has been out a little over a year and he is from Alabama. We might have the biggest companionship in the whole mish, it's pretty sweet. I live with 4 Elders. The other companionship are the zone leaders Elder Key and Elder Cross. 
   The mission pres is really cool. I like him a lot. I was so happy when we flew into the little tiny Osorno airport. I kinda felt like a was where I was supposed to be, like it was my home. Pres was there to greet  us. We went to the mission home in Osorno and had lunch. It was way good. It was lasagna, mmmm! Then we had interviews and stuff, had some orientation, had dinner, then went to a hotel to stay the night. The next day we met our trainers and headed out to our areas. It was sad saying bye to the fantastic four of the mtc, but I am sure I will see them again. 
    This mission has to be the most beautiful mish in the world. It is way legit and I love it. It's way green and  the people are great. Now for some funny stories. So we knocked on this lady's door and she came out and with her are her crazy kids. They started running around and messing around while we were talking to her. Then all the sudden we hear this ewww from all the kids turn and look and one of the kids had dropped his pants and starting peeing. It was funny.  But little kids are not the only ones that pee in public. Yesterday we saw a drunk guy in the street and he was just peeing in a corner ha. The drunks always want to talk to us and we always just hear this loud mormones and turn around to see guys who are just about to pass out beckoning us to come talk to them. It's funny. There are a lot of Evangelical people here and they like to fight with us. It's pretty funny to see my comp try to talk to them and I have no idea what they are saying. Then I just pipe in and tell them who we are and that the gospel is true and the Book of Mormon is true and we are the only ones that have the authority to baptize. Then we leave, it's pretty funny. 
   So I got some awesome news. We can skype this Christmas, meaning you can see my face and I get to see you. So you guys need to set up an account and get a camera to hook  up to the comp. or just use someones mac. You can send me all the info about your account before Saturday because we have another p day Saturday for some weird reason. So email me before then. I will be skyping you from the mission home at 8:30 here, so I am not sure what time it will be there. I am so excited.
   So the mission rule is we only write one email to home so you will only get one from me every week and I will just include everything for everyone in one. 
The address you send all the mail to is the mission home or office. Here is the address.
 
Elder Tanner Brown 
Mision Chile Osorno 
Casilla  7-0
Osorno Chile 
 
Well I love you so much family. I have not got that package that you have sent yet, but it takes a way long time to come. I love you all. I hope everything is going well and you guys are all reading the scrips. Lacee don´t get married too fast. Caiden I love you. Keep reading and preparing for when you will come here. 
Love,
Elder Bown

No comments:

Post a Comment