February 13, 2012

Hola Familia y Amigos,

Another amazing week has gone by here down south. The weather has been nice. We have been working hard, and WE HAD TWO BAPTISMS! I will tell you more about the baptisms later. First, thanks so much for all your great emails. I love to hear from all you guys. Caiden's pics are awesome. I want those white jerseys, they are so cool! I was pretty jealous to see that. We played basketball today for p-day and that was way good. As well, we also cleaned the house a little bit. It sounds like everyone is doing really well and I am glad to hear it. That's so cool to hear that Cayden had his farewell. He is such a stud. He is going to just rock it out there in Paraguay. Well, it is good to hear I didn't cause too much damage to him according to his parents, haha.  I hope you get a hold of my picture card soon. I hope it didn't get lost among the dying missionaries or that would be two cards lost. I don't think that happened though. Sounds like work, doctors appointments, callings, and sports are taking up most of the time back there at home, so it doesn't seem like a ton has changed. Except the little boys, they look so much bigger. The pictures that Britt sent me last week blew me away. I was amazed. Caiden just barely caught up to me when I was in ninth grade haha. Hearing about sports is good. I miss me some good competitive sports, haha. I am loving everything else out here though. 

Now for a little bit about what happened this week. It was a crazy week trying to get the two boys ready for their baptism, trying to find them every day to teach them and always trying to find new people to teach. It's tuff work. That's why I sleep like a baby at night with out my water bed, haha. I led my sector again on intercambios (exchanges) with Elder Bowers, the new comp of Elder Anderson who took Hamblin's place. That was fun. He is from Vegas like mother. Then Saturday came around and we were going like crazy trying to get everything done. Then while we were out contacting for a little bit we get a call from Elder Bowers saying that the baptismal font wasn't working and it wasn't getting filled up. So we ran up there to the church, which is a good run, because we have to go to another church because the one right in front of our house doesn't have a font. We get up there are decided that we would go to another church like 10 minutes away. So we changed comps and me and Elder Anderson ran over to the other chapel to see how high the water is because luckily Elder Bowers had called another companionship to go turn it on. When me and Anderson got there the font was pretty good but there still wasn't enough. My comp and the other Elders were at the other chapel waiting for everyone to show up. Once everyone got there they marched everyone over to the other church. Once Jose and Nico got there I rushed them into the bathroom so we could change into the white clothes. They were both really excited but a bit nervous. They are both really shy but they were just talking up a storm to me while we were getting ready. The baptism ended up starting an hour late, but we had it. I baptized both of them and it was sweet. Their names were really hard and long but I got close enough I guess, ha. It was a great experience and on Sunday afterward I was just so happy to see them both receive the Holy Ghost. It was an awesome experience. Now we are getting Jose ready for the priesthood. It will be sweet. They have grown so much in just the last month, it is so crazy. I have been seeing so much change in people's lives. I love it. There really is nothing better than the Gospel and the change it can bring to one if they live it, no matter how old you are. Oh yeah, right after the baptism Andres had his interview and he is going to be baptized this next Saturday. We are very excited to get to see him take that step. He is amazing. We taught him the commandments and he is going to live every single one of them. He is just pretty much perfect. He even stopped smoking. Like I said, the change the Gospel and the Book of Mormon brings is awesome. We did not do a thing except to ask these people to do some things and follow the example of Christ. What an opportunity to see so many people make such great steps in their lives. My faith grows every time I see some one take a step of faith of their own. I love missionary work. 

Well, that's all I got for this week. I haven't got the package yet Mom, but I am sure I will later this week. Oh yeah, I have one question for you. Will you ask Brother Pranger if he had a companion when he was here named Elder Tronkoso. He is the stake pres. here and he went to this mission. Oh, and please add this address to your list when you send this email out:  jakecross9290@gmail.com. I love you all! Thanks for all you do. 

Love,
Elder Brown

Lacee,
I am so glad to hear from you. I am glad you are doing good down at school. That is so cool that you are the trainer for the soccer
team. I hope all goes well there. I love you so much,
Love,
Elder Brown

Britt,
I love to hear all about your cute little boys. I sure love those little boys. I love hearing all about what is going on over there in your
home. I love you tons.
Love,
Elder Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment