February 27, 2012

Hola mi familia y amigos,

Another week has gone by here in the south. It was a pretty darn good one as well. Finished it off with the baptism of Maria. I will tell you more about the week later. Sounds like everything is just moving forward back in good old O town and in Cedar as well. I sure have realized how much I love the good old place of Orem while being out here. I sure do love that place. I sure do love this place as well. I love hearing from all you guys and hearing about the stuff going on back there. Don't worry Mom, I have been keeping all the little notes and letters I get, ha/ don't worry. I cannot believe that little Bridger is turning 1, wow!! I don't like that he is getting big without me. You have to always show him pictures of me or something so that he knows who I am when I get home. That's so crazy that he is so big now. Dad, sounds like you are really enjoying waking up so early every single day of the week. You wake up earlier than me and I am a missionary. I can't believe that it is even possible for Caiden to wake up that early. I have no idea what happened last week with the email. I emailed from here and about 4p.m. so I am not sure what happened. I think it would always be best for you guys to write on Sunday because I never know when I am going to write. We always go at different times. That's weird about last week though, I am not sure what happened. I'm glad to hear that everything is going well back home. That is so cool that so many missionaries are going out from our ward. I sure do love our ward; it has to be one of the best in the church. Tell everyone you can there that I love them. Every single one of the people in the ward I think have had a positive affect on me at one point. What an awesome ward. I was so lucky to grow up in such a great ward. Nothing better than the Timpview 8th ward.

So Dad, I was trying to think of food you could look up to cook, but really everything is not that different. They make so many fries here, ha, just huge plates full of them for lunch with Aji, which is like hot sauce. You can look that up. They put that on about everything; it's pretty good. I like it. Some of my favorite foods so far are...... it's hard to believe, I know, but it is amazing here  it is called pie de limon. It's like lemon pie. I didn't like lemon before the mish, but this is just the perfect amount of lemon, oh it's so good. Also sopaipilla, it is pretty much scones. They are so darn good. I love them as well as "Roska" which is like funnel cake. Man, they are so so good. That's all I can think of so far and of course the empanadas; I sure love those. Oh by the way, tell congrats to Ms. T, Brianne for me. That is very cool.

Sorry my emails are a little scattered with the ideas, ha. I just write what I think of at the time. Plus, some times I am thinking in Spanish and I spell or say things weird, ha. It's so weird I think half in Spanish and half in English, ha. Now for the week. It was a great week. We taught a lot and we were really focusing on finding new people to teach because as of now we don't have too many. So it was a fun week of finding new people. We finished the week off with Maria's baptism and it was a good one. I had the chance to baptize her and I had to practice her name for like three days to make sure I got it right, haha. I did though, at least I think. It was a good baptism. It is always good to finish the week with a baptism. Our ward is growing so much and it is becoming pretty awesome. We average about 125 people in the church every Sunday which is awesome. It's exciting to see that. The work is moving forward. I know that if we have faith it will always move forward.

Thank you so much for all you have taught me through out my life, parents. It's because of you two that I am able to be out here sharing what you have taught me with the people here in Chile. This week we taught about temples to Andres and his wife. I learned how much I really am thankful for the power the temple has given me and my family to be sealed forever. I don't know what I would do without you guys. What a blessing it is to have the knowledge of eternal families and for the opportunity we have had to be sealed as a family. Wow, there really is no better blessing than that. Now all we have to do is endure to the end and live the best we can, improving everyday. I am so excited for the day when our whole family can be in the temple together to partake of that sweet spirit together. Oh man, it's going to be so rico. I love you all so much thanks for everything.

Love,
Elder Brown

Sister Brown,
I am glad that all is going well and that you are staying busy down there in beloved southern Utah, drinking the best water on earth, haha. You know what I mean right? I love you sis so much. Keep updating me on everything. Don't go on too many dates. Love you
Love,
Elder Brown

Caiden,
It's good to hear from you bud. I am sorry to say you still won't be able to take me down in basketball, ha, or just basket is what they say here. Keep working hard bud in all you do, with sports, school and most important, the gospel. It will help you through anything and I promise if you put it first everything else, like sports, will work out better.
Love,
Elder Brown

Britt,
Sorry I don't have a ton of time. I sure do love hearing all those great stories about your cute kids. Keep them coming every week. Thanks for your great support. Tell the boys I sure do love them.
Love,
Elder Brown (sorry I couldn't write more.)

Sister Norris,
Man, Sister Norris, you are the best for always remembering me. You are so wonderful. I hope all is going well and you are feeling alright. Thanks for your wonderful example as a faithful saint. Thanks for all your updates and support - you are amazing.
Love,
Elder Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment