January 30, 2012

Hola Familia y Amigos,
The work is going awesome here and we are in our new cambio (transfer). I didn't really say a lot about the cambios because I knew me and Elder Purser were staying the same. That's crazy that Josh is leaving the MTC already. The time is just flying and it scares me every time I think about how fast the time flies. IT'S CRAZY that Jordan is 20! I am sure he still acts like he is 12 sometimes though, just like our whole group of friends. Mamita washes our clothes in a washing machine and air drys them. My Spanish improves every day. I still struggle with anything that isn't Gospel. Now, with the new cambio we have a Latino in our house, Elder Coria, so we speak more Spanish, which is good. Yeah, we are eating well; I am losing some weight though, which isn't good, but yes, I get enough to eat. Thank you so much for buying that Book of Mormon mom, you are the very best. Yes, I did get my package this week! Thank you so much for everything, but Dad was talking about a thumb drive and I didn't find one of those in there, so I don't know what happened there. I got it on Friday so that means it took about 3 weeks exactly to get to me. Thanks so much for every thing inside of it.

The work here is rocking; we have 3 people preparing for Baptism with a date. We are super excited! The husband of the lady that we found that tuff day awhile back has a date and then 2 youth that we have are preparing as well. We are very excited and are still working to find new people to teach and help. 

I do have enough money so that's going alright. I have been cutting my own hair, with people helping me with the back, and I promise it looks good! The weather has been awesome here; pretty darn hot until today. It's been raining all day today. For p-day today we went and played dodge ball in the church with our new zone to get to know everyone so that was fun. Elder Anderson is still in my zone, so that's cool. I actually sent my picture card home with Elder Hamblin. He should come by the house soon to give it to you guys; then, if you could just send it back in a box or something that would be awesome. 

That's very awesome that Sister Bishop is getting married. I sure love that family. Sounds like everything is going well at home. It seems like just yesterday I was there. It is so weird how the time flies when you are doing the Lord's work. That sounds like a pretty crazy game BYU had. Hamblin told me he was going to be at that game with his Dad, ha that's pretty crazy. The fam party sounds like it was fun; make sure you always tell all the fam that I love them.
 
Now for something that I learned this week: One of the greatest blessings of the mission is the opportunity to feel the Spirit so much. It is so important to follow the Spirit and do what it tells you. What a gift we have to have his companionship all the time if we are worthy. We were teaching a lady that we have been teaching for quite a while. She is the one that is really poor with one boy. She is progressing really slow but she is progressing. I just love her and I want her to just get baptized and do everything she needs to do to be happy and to live with God after this life. So we went into the lesson having one planned, but as soon as I got in there I just knew we had to talk about the Book of Mormon and prayer. So, right away I changed the subject to the BOM and I think Elder Purser was kinda wondering what I was doing at first, but he caught right on and we went forward with that. Turns out she was having a lot of doubts about the Book of Mormon. We taught to her needs and tried to help her understand why we have the Book of Mormon. Once she understood that, everything still didn't seem all right. Then I felt like I needed to ask her if she had prayed about the BOM and she said no. We helped her see the need to ask God and she got it and she said "OK, that is what I will do then; I need to ask God then. It was a sweet lesson. I am so thankful for the Spirit and his guidance; without it we would pretty much be worthless out here. That's what I learned this week - always listen to the Spirit and do what it says. He knows best, ha. 

Well, I love you all so much! Thank you for all that you do for me and all your support. Oh, by the way Mom, thanks to you for teaching me how to be a cry baby, and then also everything else my two parents have taught me. I can't teach about parenthood without crying. We taught some people about the responsibility of the family and, of course, I cried a little. Darn you parents! Thank you so much for everything you have taught me. I love you guys so much.

Con mucho Amor,
Elder Brown

Brittany, 
It's so good to always hear from you. Thanks for always writing me. Sounds like you are staying busy and working hard in your church callings. Thanks so much for the great example you have always been to me, sis. A great example as a mother and parent and big sister and pretty much every other good thing! Thank you so much. I love you and your family so much. Those new pictures of Bridger are so cute, I love them.
Love,
Elder Brown

Lacee,
I am so glad you found another job. Pizza Factory sounds so good right now, wow. I am glad to hear you are kinda gettting out of the awkward stage of "missionary". I can't really picture you like that any way. Well, I love you so much and I hope you are doing well. Thanks for the 4th missionary talk. Thanks for your amazing example to me as a missionary.
Love,
Elder Brown

Sister Norris,
Thank you so much for your letter, Sister Norris. You are so sweet to remember the missionaries in the ward, and to take the time to write me and send it all the way down here to Chile. I hope you are doing well and are feeling alright. I decided to write you this little note because I knew it would take a while for you to get a letter from clear out here in Chile. Thanks so much for your thoughts and prayers.
Love,
Elder Brown

Grandma and Grandpa Brown,
Thank you so much for the Christmas Card and money. I love you guys so very much. Thank you for all you have taught me through out my life. I am so so so greatful. Love you all so much.
Love,
Elder Brown

Parents, would you make sure they get these little notes.

No comments:

Post a Comment