June 11, 2012

Hola Familia y Amigos,

Another week come and gone. Weeks just keep blowing by. I don't know how to handle it. It's crazy. I think the time system just changes when you are on the mission and time just goes by even faster. Everything is going good here in Calle Calle. I am glad that you could all see where I am here in chile.
I am going to try to answer all the questions that I possibly can: Yes Mother, I stay dry so the rain has got nothing on me ha. Yes, we are beginning to find people to teach. The hard part is we find a lot of people who don't want to progress, but want to tell us what they think about God ha. But yes, we are finding people to teach. It is a ward here, and oh boy, is it small haha! There is about 20 people on average which is pretty rough but we are working on it ha. I don't see Elder Anderson a ton but at least every Tuesday which is cool. I love that guy. Yes, it is the son of Mike Frost ha. In our house it is just me and Elder Contreres. I feel just nice and cozy there in our house. It is bigger than our last one which is funny because we were 4 there and now we are just 2 in a bigger house ha. We live on the street Uruguay. Yes, I have a different Mamita. She is good. I really like her, she is very loving. We walk most of the time. We don't use too much colectivo. I have no idea the names of the bridges ha sorry. Ok there is all the questions ha.
Wow, some good news from home this week. I can't believe Dalton is engaged!!! I am not going to be there to see my cuz get married ha! I can't believe it ha. His bro won't be there either ha. That is crazy. Thanks Mother for keeping tags on the girls there. Keep doing it. Tell them to go lock themselves in their rooms so that the returned missionaries don't go chasing after them ha. I can't believe I am going to be 20 in a bit either. I still need to learn a lot before I get old haha. Wow, Jordan hit his year mark just barely. That went by fast. It wasn't long ago that we were all over there crying like little babies because we were being separated and we had never done that before. We were all tied at the hips haha.
Well, a little on this week. We did awesome with teaching. We taught a lot. Thanks in part to a new convert, Abraham, who leaves with us like every day to give his testimony. He is awesome. He is 19 and is waiting for his year mark as a member so he can go out and be a missionary. He is awesome. So, for something I learned this week. It has to do with the same thing that I think I have shared before: 2 Nephi 2:14 - two kind of people in this world, those who act and those who are acted upon. Creators of circumstances and creatures of them. Host and a guest. Just like a host is running around and making things happen. We should be the same. We should make things happen. Get to work and be an actor. A guest are those who sit and wait for things to happen. Those who say "why did this happen, why is this hard?" I have found that when we act, do, and make things happen is when we are happy and successful. When we are doers we do what makes us satisfied. When we are guests we wait for things to happen to us and in the end the turn out is never what we hoped for. Be a doer because that is the only smart thing to do. It's the only thing that makes us truly happy.
 
Love you family so very much. Thanks for all your love and support. 
Love,
Elder Brown
 
Lacee,
I was waiting to hear from you! That's so cool about your friend's baptism. There is nothing better than that. Tell me about yourself Lace. I want to hear about your life right now. Oh, by the way, without fail all my comps have said they are going to marry you haha! Every single one ha.
Love,
Elder Brown
 
Britt,
Sounds like the trip was a good one. I just want to give those two little boys the biggest hugs and kisses. Tell Blakey happy b-day from me and give him a big squeeze. I sure love those boys. Send me a pic of the progress on the house k.
Love,
Elder Brown

Oh yeah I want to hear how Chris Thurman and Sean Davies are doing. If you could get any info on them or have them send me letters and if any of my friends are married ha. 

No comments:

Post a Comment