June 3, 2012

Hola Familio y Amigos,
 
No puedo escribir o hablar en ingles ahora porque todo que yo hablo es español.(I cannot write or speak English anymore because all I speak is Spanish) No, but really, here in the sector , Calle Calle, there is no one to speak english to. But I am really happy to learn so much about Spanish, being totally surrounded by it. Sorry I didn't write yesterday. We got our p-day changed to today for this week only because yesterday we had zone conference. Oh boy was that awesome. The first few days here were really tuff for me and that was just what I needed was a little "kick in the butt" reminder that "I am not here for me so forget yourself". It was also really good because I got to see a ton of missionaries that I know - E. Coria, E. Nelson, E. Anderson, E. Frost (my new zone leader, this is his last transfer), E. Bowers and many more. It was really good. So sorry if you were worried because I didn't write yesterday.

OK, so now for a little bit about my sector. First off, it is really pretty here, you know why? It's because it rains so much here, so so so so much. It's crazy haha. It's not as cold as Rahue but still pretty darn cold. Calle Calle is right on the river side which is awesome. You can try to search Collica dad, that's part of our sector as well. Elder Contreres is good. We get along well. He is an oldy. He is 27 and has about a 1 year and 3 months or so. I am just trying to help him as well as myself to lose ourselves more in the work and forget about other things. We are doing good though. Now for a little bit about the state of the sector. Elder Contreres was here one cambio (transfer) before me with Elder Purser, my trainer. There is pretty much nothing, we are working from scratch. That's why I got a little down when I got here. I left Rahue where we were right about to baptize like 5 people and I get here and there was nothing. I was down. Then I studied about hope and faith. I read If you ask God in faith for something that is right not doubting He will give it to you. I know that promise is true and that's what I am doing. I am trying to forget about how it is hard and pray for investigators now, we are just going out everyday and looking as hard as we can for them. I know they are there. I wouldn't be here if there wasn't people who needed us here. So everything is good don't worry about me, we are just working hard and loving it.

Thanks Dad for that thought. I really liked that. It's true we are here to have joy and the best way to get that is follow Christ and try to be like Him. The progress we make is what brings the joy. Mother, I am not going to do the Garment thing yet. Thanks though. I love you mother. Sounds like everything is just going great and busy there in O-town. Oh and yes, Mom it was so hard to say goodbye to little Carolina and that family. I love them so much. I started to cry when we said bye. Thank you mom for giving me the baby trait.

So the conference we had yesterday was amazing!!! Wow I can't even explain how cool it was. Elder Corbridge came and spoke. He is the area president of Chile - it was so good. I learned a ton and am ready to apply it all. He spoke about a lot of stuff, but one thing I really liked was that the greatest work we will ever do in this life is ourselves. He said that one thing that changes us more than we really realize is what we put in our brains and where we put ourselves. If we go to the temple more we will change for the better, the more we read the scriptures the more the principles found within will become part of us. Even without really realizing it. Loved it!!!

Well, I love you guys a lot a lot a lot. Everything is going really good here. Tell friends to write me haha.
Love,
Elder Brown

Caiden,
Love you bud. Thanks for the email. I can't believe it is already summer there. Lucky dog. It's good to hear that you are healing good. Well, I love you bud keep reading and studying a lot.
Love,
Elder Brown

Jenna,
I sent you letter today so it is on the way ha.
Love,
Elder Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment