September 10, 2012

Hola Familia y amigos,  
Another week come and gone just like that. I was able to look at some of the pictures of my mission the other day that I have on my pen drive, and wow, The time has flown. As I looked at all the pictures a great feeling of gratitude hit me in the face, haha. I am unexpressably (if that is a word) grateful for the many people I have had the chance to teach, the many Elders I have been able to meet, and the many expiriences that I have had and will continue to have. WOW, I love the mission and am so very grateful for this time that I have. I can't spell or talk anymore. I know exactly how Mike feels haha.
 
Well, it sounds like everything is going great there in O town. Elder Anderson and I have already made some good plans of what we are going to do when we hit the O town, de nuevo, it's not for another year and that is fine with me, but we do have some plans. We had a good week here in Valdivia. I will tell you more about it a little later. I am glad to hear that Caiden is getting a little bit better, lurp nation, haha. Timp football is rockin' the house! That's what I am talking about! Too bad we could never do much of that. Hey, it was still fun. I am glad to hear that my buddy Joe is doing a great job out there on the field, hahaha. That's pretty funny they lost to Utah State. BYU started with Weber State, haha, way to challenge themselves. Well, at least they could start out with a good win. I love football. I am getting pretty good at the other futbol though. I got some mad skills. I like the idea of a fam team, Wade and caiden, let's do it. Solo bebe futbol si no me gusta la grande.
 
Alrighty, now for a bit of question answering and asking, ha. I am doing alright with District leader and trainer, learning a lot and I hope I continue to progress. There is a lot of work to do. I have a lot of growing to still do before I head home and do all that fun stuff that comes after. Oh, by the way, I found out that Elder Coria is engaged! A new world record for speed haha. Elder Jensen and I are doing great and working hard. I am still working on the friend letters and I love them. When does Elder Howard get home? We don't usually have time for naps on p-days. We do shopping and today we played soccer and ate completos as a zone. That's what we usually do on p-days and we clean the house, and eat haha. I am keeping warm. It is warming up during the days now that we will be entering into summer. I don't ever talk about the cold because I am used to it now, ha, it doesn't even bother me. Yes Brit, I got all your gifts from Arts Cow, they are sweet. I love the cube. SO SWEET. Thank you, I love you all.
 
Well, this week was a very good one. Before I start though I do want to tell you all that I will be emailing this Saturday, like this week, because next Monday is the biggest holiday here in Chile. They celebrate for like a week and we have to stay in our house unless we have citas. It is the independence day Monday, so nothing will be open, nothing haha. It's a big deal here, Chilean flags everywhere and I hear lots about a lot of meat and drinking so for that very reason we can't be walking in the street much ha. Speaking of drunks, I got a good story for you. SO, we were knocking some doors and an angry man with an awesome mustache answers a door. I ask happily, COMO ESTA?  He looks at me without response. I ask again, haha, no response. Then after some silence he says, "SOY ANTI NORTE AMERICANO" or in other words, racist haha. Well, I say "awesome because I'm not gringo anymore" ha and I pull out my carnet or Chilean ID, ha. He looks at it all confused, just if you don't know by now, he is pretty drunk. He says, "OH, BUENO PASEN" (Oh, then come in) ha, and wants us to come in! I say we can't, but he insists so we go in. Then starts a party with us three, or that's what he thinks, full of dancing and singing about California and Utah, and how his new friends were going to take him to the states, ha oh boy! Well, I got him settled down and I asked him if I could leave his house with a blessing. He kindly let me and we left, haha. We haven't made it back there yet. I will send some of the pics he wanted us to take ha. Other than that great story, we had Zone conference and it was sweet!!! Guess who I saw for the first time after the MTC - Elder Cowley my MTC comp. I was so excited and we sat together the whole day haha. I loved it. We have been working hard trying to apply all we learned. We talked a lot about working with members -something we are very weak at, but they are key for finding the families and men that we need to strengthen the church. We have found some good investigators and we are working with the boyfriend of the daughter of our old mamita, so hopefully he can get baptized after they get married. Oh, we did find a new mamita and we are eating with Elder Contreras and his comp. everyweek ,ha funny huh. Well, that's about it for this week. Oh, by the way Lacee, send me all the missionary music you can get I loved it. If you can find the rest of the hymns by Kalai I would love it. There was one on one of the cds. Love you all and I just want you all to know that I know that this is the work of the Lord. I know that this is His church because I have felt the truthfulness of it many times by the power of the Holy Ghost. I have seen it work in others and I know of the power that it has. I love this gospel and I love the mission. I love you all so much.
 
Love,
Elder Brown

Caiden, I am going to destroy you in soccer, just you wait, and then we will play for the same team. 

Wade get the boot off, gee wiz haha, it's been way too long. I love you all. Tell those little boys that. 

Write me before Saturday all of you haha. Sorry I didn't have time for pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment