October 29, 2012

Hola mi Familia Y Amigos.

Wow, what a week it has been. I could not be happier to be here in the mission. I love this work with all my heart and I cannot express even a small part of what I feel. We will talk more about my week and the work a little later, but first, I am glad that all is going well. I sure do love to hear those great "Blake" stories, ha, those two boys could not be cuter. I can't wait to give them both a big huge hug. I am glad to hear that all is well and mother, don't worry I got my package Tuesday and it was awesome. Thanks so much for everything. You are the greatest Mom in the whole wide world, but serious, I sure do love you mom.
Now for some of the many questions to answer: Our bishop is this little tiny guy. He has been a member for 10 years, and for 8 of those has been the bishop, haha, he is tired. I know him very well and he is a great guy. How many people at church is a little bit of a sad question. We have on average 35 people at church. We are hurtin' and we have much work to still do. Yes, Chileans celebrate Halloween, but not as much as up there. Yes, I have been hearing from returned missionaries here and there. I don't feel old at all, but Elder Jensen always likes to remind me that I am getting old in the mission ha! Today he told me I was older than half the missionaries in the mission haha. I love our new mamita, she is so awesome. She is all about helping out the missionaries. She is one awesome servant of the Lord. I also love my old mamita to pieces, she is so awesome. I don't have a clue whether I am still gaining or losing weight ha. Thank you so much for getting new insoles my mother, and yes, I still remember to let them air out.
Alright, a little bit about the work. WE HAVE A BAPTISM COMING UP!!!! por fin (finally). I have been working for this forever here. A girl named Yanara is ready to be baptized the 10th of November. We showed her the baptismal font yesterday and she got all excited. Her whole family are members, inactive, and we are working with all of them to help them get back. We taught a lot this week and we are seeing a lot of miracles here in Calle Calle. One of my favorite stories of the week though is the following: We decided to go visit an inactive man that has one leg and has had a lot of struggles as of late, so we go over there to visit him. We get to his house and there was this man, like 25 years old, standing outside his house. I asked the man if Freddy was there and he said yeah. We went in and started talking with the member, Freddy, while his friend, who turns out to be like his apprentice in work, was working on fixing a welder. The member, Freddy, is super smart and he fixes all electric things. As we talked with Freddy about his family and how life was going, his friend who was working began to ask questions. Really awesome questions. By the end we ended up teaching his friend whose name is Julio. He recently moved from Argentina and talks super cool ha. Way different than Chileans. He was really confused about why there were so many different churches and why they all used the Bible. I pulled out my little white board that I carry around everywhere and drew him an example that explains the need for the Book of Mormon and how it helps us not be confused. Julio became very intrigued and asked how he could get this Book. I said, "well, I have one right here, take it" ha. He was super happy and ready to just go at reading it. We set a cita (appointment) with him for this next week. I am super excited to see what goes down. He is super awesome. It was a small miracle that happened this week just from the impression to visit a menos activo (less active).
Man, I love the mission and I love you guys so much. I am so grateful for the chance that I have to be here and to see the Lord work his great work through me sometimes, even when I don't know it. I hope to become an instrument in the hands of the Lord that he can always use to bring about his great work. Many times our impatience and stubbornness tangle up all the Lord's plans and he can't use us to do his work and as we cry out in pain for his help. He says, "quiet man, while I untie this knot". Many times I feel like I can do things, but I forget that the Lord needs me to seek what He wants so that through me He can do much greater things than I could. I hope to always be keen and aware of the guidance of the spirit so that I can be the Lord's hands as He moves this work forward. I sure do love you family, and I hope that all is well. Thanks again for the package mother. You are great. I am so thankful for my wonderful parents and all that you have taught me and continue to teach from clear across the world.
Con mucho amor ,or, in Chilean ,con cualqiuer cantidad de cariƱo,
Elder Brown
photos
1. doing my puzzle you sent me. It's awesome 
2. We got christmas presents from the elderly couple in our mission awesome huh

No comments:

Post a Comment