January 14, 2013

Hola Familia y Amigos,  
I am so glad to hear that everyone is doing good there in the cold ha! It's the complete opposite here, we are dying from the heat, but I am enjoying it. I love to hear from you all even if it is just a short email. I just love my family so much, you are just the best family there is. It's always good to hear a little update from good ole O town.
 
Well I am just going to go straight to answering some questions. First, mother my shoes are size 13 and some news about my shoes is yesterday the mouth got bigger haha. It's all good though, we just keep on walking. No hand can stop this work from going forth (dead shoes included.) I want it to be a surprise for Elder Cortez. I think he has a size small or medium, he is really small haha. The bed bugs don't bother me. It's either because they are scared of me or I just don't taste good because I have not had problems. I think they are attracted to Elder Cortez because he is such a city boy. Oh yeah, another funny story about that. Saturday we went to cut grass at the house of the married missionaries that are coming and I enjoyed watching Elder Cortez run around trying to get away from the bees and flys, haha that was funny.  He was running all around in circles and stuff. I will get that dentist stuff done then, even though I don't want to. Our mamita is great; she is a little older and lives with her husband, who does not like gringos, and her daughter and grandson. I enjoy playing with Benja, the 8 year old grandson, at lunch. He is my bud. We have gone running a few times in the morning but mostly so that I can get Elder Cortez out of bed. When it's too big of a struggle to get him up I turn on the lights and music and do exercise inside haha. We have been together 5 weeks now and we will be together for at least 7 more because training is two cambios (transfers) of 6 weeks each. He is still struggling, but the enthusiasm will never go down. We are just going to keep working hard as we can. I enjoyed the news letter. I feel bad I didn't say happy birthday to Wade so FELIZ CUMPLIAÑOS cuñado!!!!! I would also like to thank Aunt Vicky and Lis Rich for the letters. I have like no time to write by hand so I have to just do it here in email. I think that's about all the questions.
 
Today we are in VALDIVIA! I love this place. We had to come to do some visa stuff for the other Elders and I am acting as guide because I am the only one of the four that knows Valdivia and where everything is. So I have enjoyed being here today. This week was a good week. We have been working hard and we have been sweating a whole lot. It has been so hot the last few days. This week was a pretty normal week from what I can remember. For some reason I can't remember much from the week. We did a lot of service in the heat. We went and worked on the farm at Luis and Vitalia's. We were cleaning weeds from their cucumbers. I got burned to death out there, and I even used sun block. My legs haven't seen the sun for quite some time haha. Good news is at the end of this month there will be 3 baptisms in the branch! 1 from the other sector, his name is Nefi or Nephi in Spanish. He is 9 and the son of a less active that is coming back to church. Then the other 2 from our sector; Josefa is 8 and is the daughter of an inactive family that we found and are now very active! It has been amazing to see this family progress and come back to activity. Then, Bastian, the son of Luis and Vitalia, will be the first of his family to enter the waters of baptism and show his parents the example in what they should do. I know that they will get there. The future looks great here in Pangui and I am really trying to work hard to help all 4 of us missionaries get to the potential that the Lord has for us here in Pangui. There is much more that can be done. The people here are awesome. We have been focusing a lot on contacting these last few days because as a whole mission we had developed a paradigm that we all did our contacts in the same way and we always got the same results ha. We are trying more to talk WITH the people and not AT them. It is really a big difference and we have seen the blessings.
 
Well, I think that is all that I can remember to tell you all. For some reason I can't remember much from this last week. I love you all and hope all is going well.
Love,
Elder Brown

PS Tell all my buds that are getting home that I sure love them for their great examples and friendships. 

Sorry I forgot the cable for pictures again haha.

Lacee,
Hey sis, you need to start finding a guy and when you do you have to tell me haha. I love you sis, keep working hard.
Love,
Elder Brown

Caiden,
It's not worth getting kicked out of a game or getting a T for a bad call. I know from experience. Neither is Reffing easy. I also know from experience. Keep playing hard and destroying, but it's always better to do so with the mouth shut and a dunk in their face haha. 
Love,
Elder Brown

Britt,
Tell those little boys I love them. As well, the house looks awesome. I want to have sleep overs over there with those two little guys.
Love,
Elder Brown

Jenna,
Hey, if you move back to Bountiful you have to get me your address so I can write you. As well, you don't have to wait for my letter to write me, hahaha they take forever to get there sometimes. I hope everything is going well. 
Love,
Elder Brown 

No comments:

Post a Comment