January 21, 2013

Hola Familia y Amigos,

Wow, it is hot here! It reached a record high this week here in Pangui. Everyone says that it has never ever been so hot here. I would have to agree it is so hot. I sweat all day long. I am always so soaked. Everyone has also told me that the United States is freezing up haha. I think it is just the year of extremes all over the world. I am so glad to hear from all my wonderful family. I sure do love you all more than I can explain. Seriously though, I feel more and more love for my family every day. I have told many people to go on missions so they can appreciate their mom and learn to love their family. The mission has done that for me and continues to do so.

I can not believe that my good friend Jason is home already. Oh how I love that guy. I am so grateful for such amazing friends. I have got to say that God must have known that I was going to need a lot of help to grow up, and so, more than just the most amazing parents he also surrounded me with the very best friends and people that he possibly could. I was and am very blessed for that. If you see Jason tell him how much I love him and that I look forward to pumping some iron together. As well I was so blessed to be surrounded by members of an amazing ward. I can not believe the amazing gifts and acts of kindness that I have received from faithful members and friends. I can not give enough thanks for what they have done for me.

So many people are going on missions I can´t believe it. Hannah is old enough already to go on a mission???? What??? That is so crazy and cool that she will speak Spanish as well. She will be able to talk with her bro. She might not understand him too well because Jake will speak like a Chilean. No one is going to understand me, it's going to be funny. I use so many Chilean words and I don´t even realize it.

This week was a little hard and really crazy but a lot of good things happened as well. District meeting was Tuesday and I talked to our district about how much more we can achieve here in Pangui and I expressed my testimony of the blessings, and more so, the miracles that can be seen with exact obedience. I began to get emotional expressing my testimony because I know how true it is. I have seen it so much in my mission and with out those blessings we amount up to a lot less than we would with the blessings of the Lord. Thursday Elder Cortez had a very tuff day and I gave him a blessing of comfort. I sure hope he can pull through. Friday we had interviews with Pres. and that was great. Sat. we organized a surprise welcome/birthday party for the Ericksons. (it was sister Ericksons birthday) She was so surprised and happy. I just called them and asked if they could meet us in the church to talk about a few things. They had no idea that we had treats and everything waiting for them. They were very grateful. I even made chocolate chip cookies for the shindig. It was a lot of fun. I am so excited to be able to work with them. It looks like they are going to be able to do a lot to help us and I am excited for that.

Well, I love you all but I have to end. I am so thankful to the Lord for his trust in giving me hard things to do. A lot of things are pretty hard for me and I am so thankful for the chance to be able to overcome hard things. If we never had hard things to do we would never develop the attributes that we must develop to become like Jesus Christ. I am thankful for all the challenges that are in front me and hope to always search for the help of the Lord to over come them. Love you all.

Love,
Elder Brown

PS, I can't ask you all to do a special fast with me in the mission, but I would like that you guys could do a fast for me that I can have the strength and guidance to be able to accomplish a few hard things that are part of the work at this moment.

Dear Sister Norris,
I want to express my deep love for my amazing friend Sister Norris. I sure do love you Sister Norris and I thank you for your thoughts, prayers and letters that so often I receive from you. I am always so happy to see an update from you in the mail and I am always so proud to announce to all the Elders who ask me if it is a girl to say it is my great and faithful friend Sister Norris. I cannot thank you enough for your support and help. When my Mom told me what you did for me to help me with my tooth I was so grateful. I will always remember your many acts of great kindness for me. I love you and hope that all is well.
Love,
Elder Brown

1. Pretty Pangui
2. The Ericksons are here!!!
3. Teaching the gospel with chalk




No comments:

Post a Comment