January 28, 2013

Hola Familia y Amigos,

Papa su español es genial no puedo creer que aprendió tan rápido. So, I got some news for you guys; as we got in here on the computers to write, I began to write Pres. Rappleye and a little tiny temblor came through, or a very very tiny earthquake. It was crazy but only lasted about 6 seconds and it was tiny. I thought it was just a big fat guy sitting down or something haha. I am so glad to hear from all of you. I sure love you all and I hope that all is well and that those that are feeling sick can start feeling better.

OK mother, I didn't want to worry you with my request to fast and pray. We just need a lot of help here in Panguipulli. I just need all the help I can get from the Lord to help all the people that need help here. It was nothing real personal, I am just great. I just need that extra help from the Lord right now so I can really love my comp. and help him to really feel good with everything in the mission and as well with the other two elders in our house, that I can help them and myself to continue to grow and progress, and last but not least, that we can find people to teach here in Pangui and that those that we are teaching (Luis and Vitalia and Bastian) can progress to baptism. I asked just so that I could have extra help from you all and the Lord. I am great though and you don't need to worry about me. I am as good as ever. I love the mission with all my heart and I am so grateful for all the chances that I have here to learn to stretch and grow even when it is hard and situations force me to do so. I am so thankful for it. I could not progress with out it. I cannot explain how grateful I am for the experiences that I am having in my mission. They have changed my life, at least I feel that way. I hope that when I finish that not only I can feel that way, but that people that I taught and tried to help can feel the same way about themselves: that they have been able to progress in their lives and reach a new level of happiness that they did not know before. That's how I feel and I hope that others can see that change in me as well when I get home. There is nothing better than the mission.

This week was a little tuff though, but like always, if we didn't have tough weeks we would never learn how to work with diligence till the good ones come. I will try to start from the beginning of the week. Last Monday we went up and enjoyed cake and ice cream at the house of the Erickson's. Tuesday we had district meeting with them as well and that was awesome. We were able to get to know them a little better and we talked a little bit about why they came out on the mission and how we can help them fulfill their calling and how we can work hand in hand. Wednesday we were able to teach for the first time with the Ericksons. We taught an inactive family about the importance of the Gospel and how it can bring us great blessings, specifically Eternal families. It was awesome. Thursday we spent a big chunk of the day at the dentist. They opened up my tooth and found that it had been infected and so they cleaned it up and gave me a prescription for antibiotics, so I am taking those now and tomorrow I go in for the big stuff of taking out all the roots; oh boy will that be fun. Friday we were able to go with the Ericksons to Luis and Vitalia's, and Hermana Erickson, in English while we translated, was able to give a powerful testimony to Vitalia about how they can make their marriage work with time and effort, constantly applying the gospel; it was awesome. I love the Ericksons, they always worry about us. When Hermana Erickson heard that my tooth had been hurting me pretty bad she was so worried. She gave me medicine and made sure that I got in to check it out; and good thing I did because the infection would have spread. Saturday there was a BAPTISM!!!! It was for Josefa, an 8 year old girl of a family that was inactive, but we have been able to help them reactivate and her Dad was able to baptize her. I was so happy to see that. We have been working with them for a long time and to see her Dad be able to baptize shows all the progress that they had. 2 months ago they weren't even coming to church and they had forgotten everything about the church. SO AWESOME! The Ericksons, by the way, are from a little town in the state of Washington, but I forgot the name. It has an Indian name. So that was the week. The tuff part was just that my tooth in the beginning of the week was really bothering me and then I went and got it worked on and then in the next few days I have gotten sick ha. So it was the tooth and now it is a cold. I have been fighting it off real good though. In the last two days I have drank more than 2 gallons of water and lots of vitamins and medicine, and most important of all a blessing. I am feeling a little better today. But like Joseph Smith said... "No unhallowed hand can stop this work from moving forward". I know that this work cannot be stopped by anything. Whether it be sickness, bad teeth, lots of heat, or any other hard circumstance - this work will continue to move forth.

Well fam, I think I informed you on about all I can. We are going to head up to the house of the Erickson's to celebrate Elder Erickson's birthday which is today. We bought him a tie, and then Hermana Erickson is making tacos! Ohhhhhhhh I can't wait. It's been more than a year since I have had one of those. I love you so very much. Tell all my buds that are getting home to wait for me before they get married. I know that this work is the work of the Lord. Every day, in a different way, I see and feel of it's truth as I see it change the lives of others and as I see that very change within myself. Something that brings such amazing fruits could not come from a bad tree. I love you all.

Love,
Elder Brown

Sorry, this computer won't let me attach pics, next week it will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment