June 24, 2013

WOW, another great week gone... It's going by faster every week. Ok, first things first, I would like to say a few words for my ole friend poopy... May he rest in peace. Poopy had a wonderful life full of energy and excitement. Our meeting was interesting and peculiar, but made our friendship all the better. We hit it off from the start when someone door bell ditched us and I opened the door to see a little bag with my good friend in it with a note on it that said "This is Poopy, treat him well". We sure did treat him well. I remember walking into the kitchen and turning on the lights and seeing poopy get all excited and swim all around his tank. He was a faithful and fierce friend. I will miss the little guy, but I feel great that he made it so far in his life. He had been through a lot, like the one time that he almost fell down the drain and I caught him by the tail and saved the little guy. Well, goodbye poopy. We're still a family! Hahaha

Well fam, it was good to hear from you all and it sounds that all is going well, that you are just partying away the summer haha. It sure feels like the opposite of summer down here. We had some more snow this last week, but by today everything has melted up. I will attach a pic. Sounds like everything is as busy as can be. Caiden sure has a packed summer! He is just all over the place livin' it up. I can't believe he will be heading to EFY, oh how I love it.

Well, this last week was good. We continue to search for those who will receive us and be baptized. Good thing we were able to see the transmission that they showed last night. THAT was amazing!!! I loved it and it is exactly what we need to learn and apply here in Chile. It's going to take a lot of work, but I know that if we can get the members to start helping us out more I know that the work here in Punta Arenas will explode. I loved every last part of that meeting yesterday. Elder Stanley and I were just soaking every last bit of it up. Ok mother, about my sweet Mamita, she is wonderful. She is a convert of about 4 years and is the wife of the bishop. The sad thing is that she works during the week so we don't eat with her. She gives us the keys to her house and she leaves the food prepared. We just go over there and eat it. Except for Saturdays, then we eat with almost the whole fam. The sisters are doing great in our sector and are teaching a lot.

This past week we had interviews with Pres. Rappleye and it was a great time. I got to talk a lot with Sisiter Rappleye as well, as we made sure that all the elders got to their interviews on time. Sounds like after their mission they might be heading to Saint George because they have a house there that they have never lived in. Also, as we sat there chatting with Sister Rappleye, Sister Erickson called her and she passed me the phone so I could talk to the Ericksons. It was great to hear from them. I sure loved it. They told me about everything that is happening there in Pangui, and it made me so happy to hear that a man that got active while I was there was given the higher Priesthood, as well two people we were teaching while I was there were baptized and one was given the priesthood. I was so happy after that call. Me and Pres. had a good talk about the zone and what we need to do better. I sure love that man and his wife. They have taught me so much.

Other than that I have no other news, except that a great High Priest that we have been teaching that was inactive finally came back to church with his fam. He is a great man, Hermano Burgos, and finally he came back. He is a funny guy and loves to "echar la talla" or joke around. He likes to make fun of me, haha, but I love the guy.

Other than that I have no other news. All is well in Zion here in Punta Arenas, the truth will continue to move forth and I pray to be able to be a part of it and that the Lord knows that I will always be willing to run any errand he wants me to. I sure hope that my weaknesses will never hold me back from doing so. I love you fam and I hope all continues well.
Love,
Elder Brown

1. Proselyting in the snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment