July 1, 2013

Wow, I cannot tell you all how much I love you. I could not be more blessed to have such an amazing family and friends. I love you all so much. I really just can't seem to express that in any other way than just saying it. It seems that nothing can really get it across in the way I would like to, but I find that to be a frequent problem now days with the many feelings that I feel and experiences that I have. They just become hard to explain and help others to understand just what I feel. I feel like Ammon, once again, in Alma 26:16 when he says, "Therefore, let us glory, yea, we will glory in the Lord; yea, we will rejoice, for our joy is full; yea, we will praise our God forever. Behold, who can glory too much in the Lord? Yea, who can say too much of his great power, and of his mercy, and of his long-suffering towards the children of men? Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel." I think that just pretty much hits it on the head; what I feel about my family, the Gospel, the mission, my friends and just about everything else that the Lord has blessed me with. I am glad to hear that all is well and that you are all seeming to pass the summer away having fun and enjoying it. I am so happy that Caiden is going to EFY. I sure do love that program. Elder Stanley and I always listen to the EFY melody and just love it.

Well Mother, as of right now I can't think of any specific gift things that you can send me. I think that anything would be fine; the Chileans aren't too picky haha. I was so glad to hear that you are still hearing from and seeing my buddies that are home now. Keep in contact with them and make sure they don't get into any trouble until I get home haha. I sure love all those guys and I am so glad for their great example. I would ask one favor of my sweet fam. If you see or talk to any of my buds who are home from the mission I would love to hear some of their ideas and things they used to be more effective as a missionary. I want to keep working hard and try to help as many as I possibly can come unto Christ before I end and I would love to hear from all my boys on what they did to invite more people to come unto him and be baptized. Tell them to email me their good ideas.

Well, this week was another crazy fast one. We have just been running around doing all kinds of little errands lately. We run around doing stuff for visas of the elders, buying things that they need, sending info to Osorno, getting packages for the elders and just all sorts of stuff. We also moved some of the Hermanas from their old house to come live with the Hermanas that just came to our ward. Another thing we have been trying to solve is that awhile back we bought an oven for the Hermanas. Here in Punta Arenas they use natural Gas for everything and ovens don't come prepared for that, so you buy them and then the store sends a guy to change the gas pipe so you can use it down here. Problem is that the store never sent that guy to come change it and it's been a month. So, patiently as possible, Elder Stanley and I have gone back to that store to.. with love... ask them to please help us out. They always help us out there, but the guy still has not shown up, so we have been working with that for the past week. I've got some crazy news. Elder Stanley and I are going on a little excursion to Osorno haha! Wednesday we are getting on a plane to go to Osorno for a council with all the leaders of the mission, and then we are coming back Friday haha. So we will be there in the mission home for the 4th of July ha. There we will go to this council and we will go on divisions with the AP's. I am excited to return to the place where I was born haha. It will be a cool experience. This past week a whole fam of less actives returned to church after we gave them an assignment to bring the bread for the sacrament. So that was way cool to see. Other than that I think that's about all that I can tell you.

Thank you fam for all that you do for me. I hope all goes well for Caiden at EFY and Britt in the heart of country music, haha, I am a little jealous. Parents, I hope you can get a little get away to Saint George so you can rest up a bit and enjoy a little time together. I want you all to know how much I love this Gospel. I know that it is that very Gospel that Jesus Christ came and taught to his children in ancient times and I feel so grateful to be out here following the Lord's commission to go and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost. There is no greater cause, I know it. I thank my fore fathers for accepting this gospel and living it for generations so that I could be born in such a wonderful family of faithful members. Thank you parents and grandparents for being faithful to your covenants so that I could to make them and come down to the end of the world to try to help a few to do the same. I love you all. I love this work.
Love,
Elder Brown

1. A little bit wet haha

No comments:

Post a Comment