July 15, 2013

Hola Familia y amigos,

Well, the least I can say is that this past week was a crazy one. I am not sure that I can believe it. It has been a whirlwind of all sorts of feelings and many other things, such a whirlwind that has carried me all the way to Osorno, no joke here, I am found back in Osorno, but this time it will be a little longer than a few days. Ha, I will leave it at that for a bit while I answer to your emails, questions and other things haha.

I am glad to hear that all are well and are found safe and sound. That's awesome that Britt had a good time there in Nashville and is back home. I was super happy to hear from Wade and hear about what's going on in his work and things. Sounds like he is busy as ever and is working hard. Sounds like Caiden is as busy as ever with all his activities and is enjoying his summer. I was super happy to hear that you were able to go to the homecoming of Elder Skousen and to see some of the crew. That is so crazy that Ryan Draper is getting married so fast, that is so so so weird ha. I just can't imagine my friends getting married. It makes me happy that I might make it home to see Brandon get married, that would make me so happy to at least be able to go to his reception. Mother and Brit, I really can't think of anything I really need. I need garments, but that can wait a few more months, it's not worth it ha. Mother, it's better that you don't ask about my shirts, haha, they are doing great, except for a few worn out parts here and there. We are all good in that sense. I am really not sure what I need. I am going to have to take out some money in the next few days because sadly I will probably have to buy a sleeping bag to use for these next three months... I will explain later. I really just can't think of anything real specific, what ever comes to your creative minds. I know you will come up with something real good.

All right, I think I should probably explain to you what has happened in the last few days and why I just happen to be here in Osorno again. I will start from the beginning. So, I am not sure if you know but transfers happen to be coming this Wednesday. So obviously, we were waiting a call, maybe Saturday or Sunday night. Well, FRIDAY, in the morning we were in the store buying a frame for one of our converts when the phone began to ring. I pulled it out and happened to see the name of President Rappleye. I answered and we talked for a little then he asked me if the Elders had told me about my flight. I said no. President said ¨Oh... well your coming in here to Osorno to be one of my assistants¨! I wasn't sure what to say, so I said ¨Really?¨ Pres. said Yep. Haha, I said "Ok" and Pres. said "see you soon" and the call ended. I wasn't really sure what to think or to say. So, to make a long story short, I was told Friday that I was coming to Osorno to the office and Sunday afternoon I was on my way here haha. It was like ripping off a band-aid really fast, leaving Punta Arenas and all the great members and converts that I got to know. It was hard, but really fast and really, since I left, I haven't had a chance to think about it or really to think at all, haha, so sorry if this email is a little sporatic. I got to Puerto Montt on Sunday at 5 and my two comps were waiting for me, Elder Larsen (from the group I came with) and Elder Balbuena, two of the best missionaries I have ever known. They made me drive the car back to Osorno and it was really weird to drive again. It had been so long and as soon as we got there we were right to work and we haven't stopped since. This morning we had a meeting with Pres. and all day today I have been talking to the zone leaders verifying all the great work that they are doing. It's been crazy! I still don't know what to think. Now, here I am writing my dear family from the office of the mission.

Man, I am just full of thoughts and I really just can't express them right now, but there is one thing that I would love to express to you all. It is that I love the Lord's work with all my heart. I know it is His work, for I have seen His hand in it many times. I have learned so much from being but a small part of such work and when I catch a view of the big picture I realize how very small and weak I really am. There is still so much for me to learn, and once again, my greatest desire truly is that I can do the Lord's work in His way and not get in His way. There is no greater cause. I will go forth and try to be worthy of the Spirit and always follow Him. I hope I will not lose a chance to do some good in any way possible. I love you family. I love you so much. Thanks for all that you have each taught me and all the prayers you offer for me. I sure do need them. This week is going to be crazy, with transfers and all the new missionaries showing up. I am excited to take new opportunties and challenges so I can continue to grow and learn. Love you all.
Love,
Elder Brown

Dox the Fox,

I sure love you my good friend. I am not sure if my councils are any better than anyone else's and I sure hope we can have many more moments of counciling between the two. There is no better man the Rick Doxey to talk out the good and bad times with of a good time at the gym. I will be sure to try the best to answer all questions you have when I return. I love you man. Thanks for your support, keep me updated on all the news like that girl haha.
Love,
Elder Brown

Jord,

Man am I glad to hear from you. I love you so much man, and I thank you for the great example you have always been for me, especially of how to live up every moment. I sure hope I can do so in the next few months of my mission. I sure do love it out here and I will be applying all that I can of your advice. I sure am thankful that you took the time to give it to me and remember your good old friend out here in Chile. I love you man. Keep me updated.
Love,
Elder Brown


No comments:

Post a Comment