May 21, 2012

Familia y Amigos,

Hey it's me your son. Ha, I am emailing from Elder Hoybjerg's email because for some reason my email is not working; it's wierd. I don't know what is happening for sure but here I am writing you all. First thing's first: Happy Birthday to all the wonderful girls in my family. Mother,Britt, and Lacee loo. I love you all so very much and I was thinking about Mom and Britt on their birthdays and I will think about you Lacee as well when yours comes around. Have a good one. You all will have to say hi to Grandpa Richard. I sure do love that guy. He cracks me up. Sounds like you all just had a partying week. I love all the pics you sent me Britt and Dad, they were awesome. That is awesome Mom that you got a camera. Now we will have to see how your skills are compared to Dad's.

This might not be the best, longest letter that I have written because I have less time today. Mom, I can't really think of anything I need right now. Maybe just more stuff to give to people, but that's about it. It's been really weird, but my jaw has been really bothering me lately. I am not sure what it is but I am hoping that the pain will pass, it's just a little bit annoying. That is so awesome that you guys get to go to Kanab to grandpa's world. Please give that place a kiss for me, haha. You have to tell everyone how much I love them all. Oh yeah that just made me think, is Brady married yet? Me and Elder Johnson, from the BYU swim team, want to now haha.

So, I got some pretty crazy news for you all. We had interviews with President Rappleye this week. I was so excited becuase he is one awesome man. We got in there and he asked me to tell him a story of an experience that had changed my mission. I told him the story about finding Veronica and Andres the family that lost their little kid. He thought it was an awesome story and he had me write it up and send it to him today in an email. Then we started talking about the next cambio and he told me that he will be putting me with an Elder that is pretty old in the mission but is still having a problem with obedience and stuff. He said that this will be his second cambio being the older companion. He said the last time he wasn't that great of an example for his younger comp. President told me that he wants me to try to help him, but by example and not by taking over. We talked for a good amount of time and I learned a lot just through that little bit of talking with him. I don't know where I am going or who the Elder is, but I do know for sure that I will be leaving. President told me I had to write him and tell me how the new ward is, haha. It was a cool interview. I am excited to get working this next cambio. I have been praying a lot to know what I can do to help whoever my comp is. I think I have received some good revelation for that.

I learned this week that a mission is not a sacrifice. It never was and it never will be. A sacrifice is like biting the bullet or something, taking the shot, giving up something and not receiving anything back. The mission is the opposite. The Lord said, "for he that loses his life for my sake shall find it". The Lord promises that anything that we may have felt we left behind as a sacrifice will be returned 100 fold more in blessings that we will receive in and from the mission. Any brother, sister, mother, father, truck, food, sports, girl that a missionary left behind, but goes out and loses his life in the work, will be blessed a hundred fold. I know that to be true. The mission is never a sacrifice. It's a blessing. I love the mission. There is nothing I would rather be doing. I have received so many blessings. I am going to work every day of my mission to lose myself more in the work. I love you all and I pray for you. Thanks for your love and support.
Love,
Elder Oso Brown

Jenna,
Thanks for the email. I am working on your letter right now. Keep updating me on what's happening in life.
Love,
Elder Brown

Caiden,
Thanks for the email bud. Keep getting better. Keep reading the Book Of Mormon. I love you and miss you bud.
Love,
Elder Brown

Sister Norris,
Thank you so much, you are so sweet. Keep updating me on everything.
Love,
Elder Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment