July 2, 2012

Helo A whatz ur nam,
 
Ha, I thought it would be funny to greet you all how I get greeted here by all the youth! They usually yell that from across the street at me, haha. Then they all laugh because they think it's so funny haha. Sounds like it was a nice week there in my beloved Utah. I sure love Utah. I just finish the book "Our Heritage" and I am sure glad that they went to Utah, because I love that place. Sounds like Lacee and Caiden are really just living up this summer. I am glad to hear it.
 
Ok, for a few of the questions. Yes mom, I have taken a few pics with my companion. I will make sure to take some more though. Whenever we take pics I always say, Mi mama va a querer ver este. Ha, I always say my mom is going to want to see that ha. Elder Contreras always laughs ha. He doesn't know my mom though. I sure love you Mom. Just yesterday I was talking to the son of the Mamita and he told me that he always fights with his Mom. I told him you just have to always assume that she is right even if you don't want to and it's hard because in the end it's very true, she is always right. I sure wish I would have done that more before the mission. I love you Mother so very much. Yeah, Elder Frosty told me his parents weren't coming anymore. He has a week left, crazy huh? Elder Coria likes being AP. He told me it's really different, but he likes to be able to get to know all the missionaries. Yes, Zach will move back to Vernal, but he is going to go to UVU so he will be living up there in Orem or Provo so he told me I didn't need to cry haha. I sure love our little army of missionaries. I can't believe some will be getting done soon. That blows my mind. Yes, I always finish all the letters. I love them!! No big deal if they are out of date. Me and Elder Contreras are doing good. I am just trying to always give him a good example and trying to help him, but we are good. I have no idea what is going to happen, but I am thinking I will be staying here. We are staying warm, don't worry.
 
Well, this past week was a tough one in the way of lessons. We walked a lot this week. We found this little group of houses out in the country in our sector and two days we walked clear out there to try to find some people. What fun the mission is. I sure do love this life. I can't really express how much the mission means to me, but I am so glad to be here. Thanks to people like my Grandparents who help money-wise so I can be out here. Along with so many other aunts and unlces and friends. I love you all. I promise that money does not go to waste, but is paying for the most amazing two years ever. Those two years that have changed me, are changing me, and will do so till the 840th day or something like that ha.
 
Something that has been running through and through my head this week is the power of the Holy Ghost. We as humans under-estimate this power. In Moroni 7, I think... it says that God works by POWER according to the faith of his children. By power, but this power, I don't think we use all of it because we don't understand how much it really is. I believe that the Power of the Holy Ghost can enhance every skill that we have, even down to physical skills if that was the will of the Lord. Many times in my mission so far I have felt this power fill me up and help me do things that afterwards I thought in amazement, "how in the world did I, weak sauce Elder Brown, just teach like that and in the Spanish language"? I'm not trying to boast of myself, but like Alma said in chapter 26, but I do boast in the power of my God. Which power, if we can just focus in on being worthy to have it and ready to recognize it, we can do things that we thought were far out of our reach. I sure do love the Holy Ghost. I am so very thanful for this gift that God gives to us His children. Without it I wouldn't do or be very much.
 
I Love you family and friends so very much. Thank you all for writing me. I had an inbox full today of great things to read. Love you all.
Love,
Elder Brown
 
Brit,
You are one awesome and very wise sister. I love to read your letters. I learn and get so excited to go out and learn and improve after reading your letters. I love what you said about even the smallest things like preparing a lesson can teach us so much. It reminded me of a quote by Hellen Keller that goes something like this, ¨My job isn't to do great and extraordinary tasks, but to do small and simple ones as if they were great and extraordinary". I know that from the smallest tasks we can learn great things if we will just look at that task as a big and great one.
Love,
Elder Brown
 
Wade,
Thanks for that awesome story you sent me. I love it. I am going to have to remember that one. Thanks so much for the email Wade. Sounds like an awesome opportunity to work with houses.
Love,
Elder Brown
 
Caiden,
That story about what you guys did with the contract made me laugh so hard. That is so funny, but pretty darn smart at the same time. Keep working hard bud. I sure do love you.
Love,
Elder Brown
 
Lacee,
Wow your week sounded fun. That's so cool that you got to be with old comps. I want to do that after the mish too.
Oh by the way, Jenna told me to tell you how pretty she thinks you are . I agree you are pretty pretty, ha, and awesome.
Love,
Elder Brown
 
Jenna,
I started your letter today and will send it as soon as possible.
Love
Elder Brown 
 
Sorry forgot my camara so no pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment