December 17, 2012

Hola Familia y Amigos,
 
Wow pops, I am glad to hear that all is well and that you weren't injured in the accident. That is so crazy. For some reason when I got on to do email today and saw that no one had written I had a feeling that something happened, then, as I was writing president I got an email from you and of course something had happened. I am very glad to hear that all is well though. I haven't got anything from Mom this morning yet, so she will probably mad when she gets this before she is able to write. This week has been a crazy and a tuff one but as well very good. Just pretty much a lot of emotions packed into one week. I will tell you more about it later.
 
Well, from what Dad told me it sounds like the week was a really busy one, and to finish off with that crash I am sure you have seen better weeks ha, but hey, if we never had bad weeks we would never know what good weeks are. As well, we would not be able to develop Christ-like attributes like diligence, patience, faith or hope. This is something that I have been slowly learning here in the mission is to look at all trials, afflictions, infirmites and even accidents with an attitude of "If ........... (something negative) never happened, we would never learn ...........(something positive)" This has really helped me to keep a better attitude and as well to really search for ways to learn and grow from the hard things that often confront us in our lives. So my example for you today is "If there was never black ice on the street we would never appreciate a good nice dry road." I have also found that a little bit of humor never hurts in a difficult situation.
 
My following example is to kinda explain to you all how this last week was. "If we were never tired, worn out, and exhausted, we would never learn how to be diligent." That is the phrase of this last week. Wow I was tired at the end of this last week. I will start from the beginning. Tuesday we had intercambios with the zone leaders, so me and Elder Renshaw in the morning went on a 2 and a half hour bus ride to Lanco, the zone leaders sector, and then Elder Walker and I took another 2 and a half hour bus ride right back to Pangi to start working. Elder Walker is one awesome Elder. I learned a ton from him and we are very similar in a lot of ways, one of the biggest being the fact that we both love fishing. Although he is much more experienced than me on the subject of catching big fish haha. It was a great intercambio though. Thursday the four of us Elders from Pangi woke up at 5 in the morning to be able to take a bus down to Valdivia and be there before ten for a Zone Conference. It was an awesome conference and also I was able to see many of my great friends there, namely my kid Elder Jensen, Rytting, Carmen, and last but for sure not least my mtc comp Elder Cowley. I love that guy. The conference was great and we talked about a lot, but one of my favorite parts was talking about how we can use our agency to become the 4th missionary. Lacee can explain what that is. It was awesome. Then to finish the week off we found out the new transfers and Elder Renshaw is headen south to Punta Arenas and to my suprise I will be training again!!!!! I am so excited to get another new one. We are going to tear things up out here in Pangi. I don't know who he is yet, but I am going to get him Thursday. I am excited. Pres called me Sat. night to tell me. It was funny he didn't tell me before because I saw him so much this week because he was here in Pangi looking at the house for the couple missionaries.
 
Well, I better end so I can put on some pics. I love you all and I thank you for your prayers and support I need them. I love the mission with all my heart and I am so thankful for my Savior and for what he has done for me so I can become better. Love you all.
 
Elder Brown
 
Ps I love the 12 days of Christmas I am opening them everyday and the stories are awesome. 

1. Pangui!!!!
2. Elder Cowley and I at zone conference - they gave us Christmas hats and we sang some carols
3. The pigs at the house of Luis and Vitalia. Haha I love chile!
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment