November 26, 2012

Hola Familia y Amigos,

Another incredibly beautiful week here in Pangi. The days just slip away, all sneeky like, so that you don't even realize how fast they go by. I am glad to hear that you passed the Thanksgiving weekend by super good. I sure do love this holiday. Sadly to say, we didn't do anything, but I did carry around with me a little post-it that I wrote all the things I was thankful for on when I thought of them. That was my activity for Thanksgiving and I sure did enjoy it. It's interesting to realize how much the mission helps you realize how good the simple things we have are. I am so eternally grateful for all the things I have learned here in the mission and I hope to continue to learn more and more. Dad, that is so cool that you are going to go work over there in "Grandpa's world"! There aint no better place to work. That is so cool. I can't wait to see what the church is going to be like after you are down, that will be cool.
 
Ok, now for some of mother's questions. Love you mother! All the packages that I have gotten have been in great shape and have looked just fine. I will be sure to tell you when I get the next one. E. Renshaw is from Iowa and he is one of the funniest guys ever. I am always laughing my head off at something that he says. My legs seem to continue to get smaller, but leaner everyday. These hills are nothing for me now haha. We have a Mamita here so everything is good. Yes, I am the district leader still. What we do here in Pangi is we have divided it in half. So the others have one half and we have the other. We got news this week that we will be having a married couple of missionaries here in Pangi as well to help the district of Los Lagos to grow. So we have been looking for a house for them. We had an awesome week this week. Oh, and still I have not been able to find a dentist, but I am working on it.
 
Alright, so now a little bit about this last week. It was an awesome one, with 4 investigators in church that are all preparing to be baptized in December. I am so excited about this next month in Pangi. We are going to see a lot of miracles done by the Lord. I want to share at least one story about this week so I will do it fast so I have time to put some pics on. So we have been teaching this golden family that lives in the country and we have to walk like 30 minutes into the country to get to their house where they raise sheep and have horses and have a huge garden where they grow everything, but mostly potatoes. Well, this family - the parents are not married - have been having a lot of problems with their relationship. One day we decided to go out there at the beggining of our work day that starts at 3. So we get there about 3:30 and there is Luis working out in the field on the potatoes. I called out to him and he came in and as soon as I saw his face I knew that something was wrong. We go inside and I began to ask how he was and he just said he was fine and all, but I didn't believe him so I continued to ask until finally he told us that he had gotten into a big fight with Vitalia, his partner. We shared with him that if he could live the Gospel with his family that they could solve their problems and achieve an eternal family where they can live in harmony forever. After that he expressed his testimony of prayer and that about an hour before we got there, about 2:30 he had said a prayer that he could have the energy to work and that if it was God's will that he would send us there to help him. Turns out that at about the same time that he said that prayer me and Elder Renshaw were doing a little bit of planning in our house and we felt that we needed to go to the house of Luis. I was so humbled to realize what had really happened and that the Lord could trust and use us weak, incapable 20 year olds to answer a simple but fervant prayer. Wow, what a testimony builder. I feel so strongly about this Gospel and I know that the Lord hears and answers our prayers, sometimes through his servants even when they might not even realize that they're an answer to a prayer.
 
I sure do love all of you. I am glad to hear that all is well. Mom, if you ever see Elder Nelson tell him I miss him too ha. Caiden, you wish that you will be able to beat me! We will just have to see in a few months more. Lacee, I hope all is well. I love you sis, and I am glad to hear from you. Oh, and find a boyfriend please, but don't get married till I get home. Britt and fam, I love you all you, are the cutest fam ever.
 
Love,
Elder Brown


1. Lake Pangipulli -  this is on the way to the country where Luis lives. We live right in front of this lake.
2. This is what happens when you go up and down hills all day.
3. We are Pangi!!!! Me and Elder Renshaw




No comments:

Post a Comment