February 25, 2013

Hola Familia y Amigos,

Today, I just have a special, more than usual, feeling of gratitude and love for the mission. I always do, but today I just kinda feel that feeling boosted . I am not sure why I feel it, but I love it. I am so grateful for the mission. There is nothing better for any young man than to go on a mission and learn to forget himself. Oh, I sure do love it. I can't really explain how I feel today. I am not very good with words, or at writing, but I know with all my heart that this is the Lord's work. He provides a way to complete all His purposes, even if it is through very weak and unknowledgeable 18 to 21 year olds. He does it anyways. Through small and simple things are great things brought to pass. What a wonderful privilege it is to serve a mission and even more so in the best mission ever in LA GRAN MISIÖN CHILE OSORNO!!!! Alright I think that is enough of that for now haha.

I am glad to hear that all the family is doing good. That was so funny - the story of Blake saying "WHAT!" to the explanation of Bro. Peterson of the Spirit haha! I can just imagine that and it sure does crack me up. I love those little boys. I'm glad to hear that Blake is participating in helping by slowly "killing" me as a missionary in helping put up those stickers. Wow has the time flown by.

Ok, now for some question answering. The shoes work great mother!!! Thank you so much. Like I said, you do way too much for your son. I gave the shirt to Elder Cortez yesterday because it was his birthday and I saved it especially for his b-day. He loves it and at this very moment has it on. It fits him just fine. He is just a little guy. When I saw the shirt I just thought it was so little, but then I realized how tiny he really is. It helped the other day to realize that when the four of us were getting ready to get in bed and Elder Cortez jumped on my back and I pulled him off like a little fly and threw him 5 feet on to his bed as easy as throwing a basketball haha! He is a little tiny guy. No dad, we do not walk to Melefquen, we take a bus that charges us a dollar each to go. It's not bad and we receive money from the mission to travel, so we are good. Mom, I heard of Elder Trammel, but I never got to meet him. Don't worry mom, I sleep so good that the night seems like it passes by in 5 minutes. I pass out at night when my head hits the pillow.

This week was a great week. Let's see what I can remember. I interviewed a guy named Patricio for baptism for this weekend and we decided in the interview that we were going to help him be ready for this next weekend. He also needs to have an interview with someone a little bit higher than me. So, Elder Erickson is going to give him one to help him work out a few things. In the end I think he will be baptized the 9th of March. Friday we were able to go to Valdivia almost all day for Zone Conference. It was an amazing conference and like always I learned a ton and I am so excited to begin practicing it all. We were able to come home with the Ericksons, so that was really great. I sure do love them. Saturday as missionaries we had organized a branch activity and we had a movie night in the church with treats and we watched The Testaments. It was really awesome and there were 5 investigators there so that was really cool. It turned out pretty good and we had a good time. The most important thing is that we were able to feel the spirit really strong from the end of the movie, because it's so awesome at the end. Yesterday was one of the coolest days of the week. Before church we always have committee meeting and yesterday we talked a lot about how the branch is in desperate need of men to hold the priesthood. We decided that this was going to be our focus for the next bit, to find men and help all to become priesthood holders who act and work in the service of the Lord. So immediately we began to pray and focus on that. As Elder Cortez and I began to leave our house we were walking close to the church and a young 20 year old man stopped us, and in tears, asked us how we had faith. We asked him what was wrong and he told us what was happening in his life. We took him to the church and taught him the Gospel of Christ and we were able to comfort him a bit. It was a miracle from God and a possible priesthood holder. That was amazing. Then, at night the other elders received a call from a member who's son is not a member and he has just been real stubborn about getting baptized. Well, his mom said that he had had a dream and that he wanted me to interview him today to see if he is ready for baptism. It was so awesome. So tonight I am going to interview him and we will see how it goes. Miracles are beginning to come forth. We are very excited and we hope to see much more.

Well family, I have to go. I love you all and hope that all are well.

Love.
Elder Brown

Dear Jenna,
Thanks so much for writing me. I am sending a letter today. Keep writing me though, even if it doesn't get there fast haha. I hope that all is good and that you enjoy your time with your grandparents and that they are ok.
Love,
Elder Brown

1. We had a zone activity up at the Ericksons today
2. We grilled hamburgers, they were so good
3. Me and the Ericksons I love them!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment